Making resources available to help you in your spiritual walk.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Psalm 26:1-12
A Psalm of David.

Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity;
And I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
[2] Examine me, O Lord, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart.
[3] For Thy lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Thy truth.
[4] I do not sit with deceitful men,
Nor will I go with pretenders.
[5] I hate the assembly of evildoers,
And I will not sit with the wicked.
[6] I shall wash my hands in innocence,
And I will go about Thine altar, O Lord,
[7] That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,
And declare all Thy wonders.

[8] O Lord, I love the habitation of Thy house,
And the place where Thy glory dwells.
[9] Do not take my soul away along with sinners,
Nor my life with men of bloodshed,
[10] In whose hands is a wicked scheme,
And whose right hand is full of bribes.
[11] But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity;
Redeem me, and be gracious to me.
[12] My foot stands on a level place;
In the congregations I shall bless the Lord.

Psalm 26:1-12

Open It

* 1. What keeps you coming back to your local church?
2. Why do you think many people hesitate to get involved in ministry at their local church?
3. To what or whom (sports teams, family, locations, etc.) are you very loyal?

Explore It

* 4. How had David shown his faithfulness to the Lord? (26:1, 3-8)
5. What appeal did David present to the Lord? (26:1-8)
6. What aspects of his own character did David want the Lord to consider? (26:1-8)
7. What central theme unifies this psalm? (26:1-12)
8. With whom did David refuse to associate? (26:4-5)
9. How are the wicked described in this psalm? (26:4-5, 9-10)
10. What are wicked people like? (26:4-5, 9-10)
* 11. What public act of devotion did David offer to the Lord? (26:6-7)
12. How did David share his faith with others? (26:6-7)
* 13. How was David involved in ministry in God’s house? (26:6-8)
14. How did David feel about his place of worship? (26:8)
15. How did David want to be treated differently by God from the wicked? (26:9-11)
16. Why did David believe he should be treated differently from others? (26:11)
17. What final words of confidence conclude this poem? (26:12)
18. What promise did David make to the Lord? (26:12)

Get It

* 19. Why is it important to be part of a local church?
20. What steps did David take to ensure that he remained pure and righteous before God?
21. What temptations threaten to tarnish your integrity?
22. What steps can you take to insure you remain morally upright?
23. What can we do to demonstrate our commitment and faithfulness to God?
* 24. How have you shown your faithfulness to the Lord?
25. How do you feel about going to church?
26. What should we do to demonstrate our respect for God’s house?
* 27. How are you involved in ministry at your local church, and what benefits do you gain from your commitment?
28. How can you show support for worship at your local church?

Apply It

29. What specific places, people, or things do you need to avoid this week to lessen the temptations you have to face?
* 30. What is one way you could demonstrate support for your church this week?

TODAY I AM:

Trusting in the LORD without wavering.
Judged, examined and proved by God who is full of lovingkindness.
Not sitting with vain wicked people, dissemblers.
With a voice of thanksgiving, blessing God.
Telling others of all God’s wondrous works.
Standing in an even place, on level ground