Making resources available to help you in your spiritual walk.

Friday, June 28, 2013

WISDOM FROM THE PSALMS FOR 6/28/13

Psalm 39:11


When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity.

Connie was driving everyone crazy. All four of them had taken on one aspect of the project, and Connie had finished hers first. Now she was delighting in harassing the others for their slowness. Her taunting came to an abrupt end when their boss marched in, threw the report at Connie, pronounced it "unusable trash," and ordered her to do it again. With a flush of embarrassment, Connie returned to her desk, to start over.

Everyone needs to be reminded they are not better than anyone else every now and then. Conceit is a killing vice in the Christian life. God created us all equal. His image rests equally with every human being. Sometimes God needs to bring us back to earth when we get too puffed up. Those exalt themselves will be humbled, while those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Prayer: O Lord, do not let me think too much of myself. When I turn my attention inward, I lose sight of who You want me to be. Let me be honest and open with myself, and help me to find new ways to grow. Amen.