Making resources available to help you in your spiritual walk.

Monday, May 02, 2011

Psalm 32:1-11
A Psalm of David.
A Maskil.

How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered!

[2] How blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit!

[3] When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away
Through my groaning all day long.


[4] For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer.

Selah.

[5] I acknowledged my sin to Thee,
And my iniquity I did not hide;
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord";
And Thou didst forgive the guilt of my sin.

Selah.


[6] Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to Thee in a time when Thou mayest be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters they shall not reach him.

[7] Thou art my hiding place; Thou dost preserve me from trouble;
Thou dost surround me with songs of deliverance.


Selah.

[8] I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go;
I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

[9] Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding,
Whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check,
Otherwise they will not come near to you.

[10] Many are the sorrows of the wicked;
But he who trusts in the Lord, lovingkindness shall surround him.

[11] Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones,
And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.


Psalm 32

Open It


* 1. What feelings do you associate with repentance?
2. What’s something you got blamed for when you were a kid?


Explore It


3. What joyful proclamation opens this psalm? (32:1-2)
4. What gift from the Lord did David celebrate in this psalm? (32:1-11)
* 5. How did David describe the person who receives God’s forgiveness? (32:1-11)
6. How did David feel when he had unconfessed sin in his life? (32:3-4)
* 7. What personal testimony did David offer regarding God’s forgiveness? (32:3-5)
8. How did David respond to the Lord’s “heavy hand” on him? (32:4-5)
9. How did God motivate David to confess his sin? (32:5)
10. What did David experience after he confessed his sin to God? (32:5)
11. How did God respond to David’s confession? (32:5)
12. What assurance do we have when we pray? (32:6)
* 13. What conclusion did David draw from his experience? (32:6-7)
14. How does the Lord protect His people? (32:6-7)
15. What specific advice does this psalm offer to God’s people? (32:8-11)
16. What did David advise people to avoid? (32:9)
17. What promise did David offer to those who trust in the Lord? (32:10)


Get It


18. What kinds of things prevent us from confessing known sin in our lives?
19. Why do you think we are sometimes hesitant to repent of sin, even when we know God will forgive us?
* 20. Why should we confess our sins to God?
21. What personal testimony can you give about God’s forgiveness?
22. How do you feel when you have unconfessed sin in your life?
23. What has motivated you in the past to repent of selfish behaviors or attitudes?
24. When have you ever felt the “heavy hand” of the Lord on you?
25. How do you feel when you repent and experience God’s forgiveness?
26. How does God always respond to our repentance?
* 27. How does God’s faithfulness in forgiving us encourage you for the future?
28. On what specific advice in this psalm would you like to focus your attention?


Apply It


29. What behavior or attitude do you need to confess to the Lord today?
* 30. What is one creative way you can remind yourself of God’s forgiveness over this next week?
31. When can you take time for prayer each day?


AFFIRMATIONS
TODAY I AM:

Blessed because my transgression is forgiven and my sin is covered.

Blessed because the Lord does not impute iniquity and there is no deceit in my spirit.

Acknowledging my sin and not hiding my iniquity.

Praying to the Lord when He may be found.

In His hiding place and being persevered from trouble.

Surround with songs of deliverance.

Being instructed in the way I should go and being counseled with the eye of the Lord upon me.

Being surrounded with lovingkindness from the lord because I trust in Him.

Rejoicing and being glad in the Lord.

Shouting for joy.