Making resources available to help you in your spiritual walk.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS PART 2

FAMILY

Genesis 15:4-5

Then behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "This man will not be your heir; but one who shall come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir." [5] And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."

Genesis 22:17-18

Indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies. [18] "And in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."

Genesis 28:14

"Your descendants shall also be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread out to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and in you and in your descendants shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

Psalm 68:6

God makes a home for the lonely;
He leads out the prisoners into prosperity,
Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.

Psalm 127:3

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord;
The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Acts 16:31

And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved, you and your household."


FAVOR

Genesis 12:2

And I will make you a great nation,
And I will bless you,
And make your name great;
And so you shall be a blessing;

Psalm 5:12

For it is Thou who dost bless the righteous man, O Lord,
Thou dost surround him with favor as with a shield.

Proverbs 3:4

So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.

Proverbs 16:15

In the light of a king's face is life,
And his favor is like a cloud with the spring rain.


FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD

Song of Solomon 2:3-4

"Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest,
So is my beloved among the young men.
In his shade I took great delight and sat down,
And his fruit was sweet to my taste.
"He has brought me to his banquet hall,
And his banner over me is love.

Jeremiah 29:13

'And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Matthew 12:50

"For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him.

Romans 8:17

And if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him in order that we may also be glorified with Him.

2 Corinthians 6:18

"And I will be a father to you,
And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,"
Says the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 3:20

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with Me.


FORGIVENESS

Psalm 130:3-4

If Thou, Lord, shouldst mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with Thee,
That Thou mayest be feared.

Isaiah 43:25

"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake;
And I will not remember your sins.

Matthew 6:14

"For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Luke 15:20

"And he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him, and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him, and kissed him.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


FREEDOM FROM FEAR

Psalm 118:6

The Lord is for me; I will not fear;
What can man do to me?

2 Thessalonians 3:3

But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.


FREEDOM FROM WORRY

Psalm 3:5-6

I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustains me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me round about.

Psalm 55:22

Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Revelation 1:17-18

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as a dead man. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, [18] and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.


FRIENDSHIP

Proverbs 18:24

A man of many friends comes to ruin,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Isaiah 41:8

"But you, Israel, My servant,
Jacob whom I have chosen,
Descendant of Abraham My friend,

John 15:13-14

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. [14] "You are My friends, if you do what I command you.


FRUITFULNESS

Psalm 92:14

They will still yield fruit in old age;
They shall be full of sap and very green,

Zechariah 8:12

'For there will be peace for the seed: the vine will yield its fruit, the land will yield its produce, and the heavens will give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,


GRACE

Psalm 103:12-13

As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Just as a father has compassion on his children,
So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.

Isaiah 53:5

But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.

Romans 5:20

And the Law came in that the transgression might increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;


GUIDANCE

Psalm 25:9

He leads the humble in justice,
And He teaches the humble His way.

Psalm 32:8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go;
I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Psalm 73:23-25

Nevertheless I am continually with Thee;
Thou hast taken hold of my right hand.
With Thy counsel Thou wilt guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but Thee?
And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth.

Psalm 139:10-11

Even there Thy hand will lead me,
And Thy right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,"

Proverbs 3:6

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 30:21

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

Isaiah 49:10

"They will not hunger or thirst,
Neither will the scorching heat or sun strike them down;
For He who has compassion on them will lead them,
And will guide them to springs of water.


HAPPINESS

Psalm 37:4-5

Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

Psalm 63:4-5

So I will bless Thee as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Thy name.
My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.


Psalm 64:10

The righteous man will be glad in the Lord, and will take refuge in Him;
And all the upright in heart will glory.


Psalm 84:11

For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly.

John 13:17

"If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.


HEALTH

Exodus 15:26

And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the Lord, am your healer."

Psalm 103:2-3

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities;
Who heals all your diseases;

Psalm 147:3

He heals the brokenhearted,
And binds up their wounds.

Jeremiah 30:17

'For I will restore you to health
And I will heal you of your wounds,' declares the Lord, 'Because they have called you an outcast, saying: "It is Zion; no one cares for her." '

Matthew 9:35

And Jesus was going about all the cities and the villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.